[UFO Chicago] UFO Meeting Thursday 27 Aug 2009 (Was: RFC: New Meeting Times (was: UFO Meeting Tonight--Anyone Going?))

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Thu Aug 27 17:46:29 PDT 2009

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Neil R. Ormos would write on Thu Aug 27 12:53:10 2009:

> I have not responded to Brian's RFC because I
> wanted to think about it for a bit and see others'
> thoughts.  I have only seen Matt's response to
> Brian's RFC, so far.
>
> Inasmuch as we haven't yet reached a consensus on
> change (or at least that consensus has not emerged
> in public), I suggest that tonight's regularly
> scheduled meeting go on as usual.
>
> Accordingly, I will send a meeting announcement
> shortly.
>
> I'd appreciate knowing whether anyone else plans
> to attend tonight.  I will attend if I receive any
> favorable responses via e-mail by 1800, or via
> phone by 1900.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --Neil Ormos

I shall not be attending tonight, but I think that the twice-monthly
meetings should continue.  It has been my experience in such voluntary
oragnizations that usually, or, in fact, always, when meeting
schedules are altered for the sole reason that certain people cannot
attend the meetings on the old schedule, the same people who could not
attend the meetings on the old schedule end up not attending the
meetings on the new schedule either.

			Jay F. Shachter
			6424 N Whipple St
			Chicago IL  60645-4111
				(1-773)7613784
				jay at m5.chicago.il.us
				http://m5.chicago.il.us

			"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"