[UFO Chicago] Tonight's meeting - links

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Thu Mar 27 22:55:58 PDT 2008

Greg Neumarke said:
> Glad I could meet all of you at my first UFO meeting.
>
> Here are some links to some of the things we talked about:
>
> ASSP - Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy
> http://assp.sourceforge.net/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Spam_SMTP_Proxy
>
> SpamAssassin
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/
>

> And a note about the Chicago Chapter of the ACM's May meeting:
> May 14 2008
> ZFS - Linda Kately of Sun Microsystems will speak on ZFS which has been
> receiving attention as a major advance in file systems.
> http://acm.org/chapters/chicago/

Thanks Greg -- glad we could have you!

The software I mentioned that I liked is Sam Ruby's 'Planet Venus'.
It's a handy 'river of news' type feed reader that uses Python and
cron to update a page with the latest entries from any RSS data source.

Here's a link to the software:

http://www.intertwingly.net/code/venus/

And here's a sample of what my feed looks like:

http://www.planetshwoop.com/venus/

We also spent a lot of time talking aobut Linode, which seems to be
very popular among UFOnians:

http://www.linode.com/

Brian Sobolak
brian at planetshwoop.com
http://www.planetshwoop.com/

If you print it on the side of your backhoe, it must be true.