[UFO Chicago] Linux Admin Wanted

John D. Bouton jbouton at judge.com
Tue Mar 25 15:22:01 PDT 2008

Hello UFOers,

My name is John Bouton and I am a recruiter with a staffing company
named Judge Technical in Oak Brook.  I know this list probably gets
inundated with non Free Operating Systems messages but I there is
probably somebody out there looking for work and the pros of this
message outweigh the cons.

We are looking for a Linux Admin for a contract to hire position with a
financial services company in Chicago.

If you are interested please let me know

John Bouton

630-472-0090

jbouton at judge.com

Job Description:

1. Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration and
maintenance of Unix and/or Linux Systems. Evaluates, installs and tests
Unix and/or Linux systems hardware and software. Integrates Unix/Linux
and related systems. Maintains data, software, and hardware security and
emergency procedures. Helps manage necessary system backups. Maintains
contact with end users to maximize systems utilization. - 30%
2. Serves as troubleshooter on highly complex Unix and/or Linux systems
problems. - 20%
3. Serves as a contant for vendors of equipment and services. - 10%
4. Provides work direction, mentoring and performance appraisal for less
senior Open Systems Administrators and Engineers. - 10%
5. Performs other related duties as assigned

Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Excellent knowledge of Unix and or Linux systems including the
following: Red Hat, SuSE, HP/UX, and AIX. May also have knowledge of
script languages and be responsible for scripting writing. Knowledge of
network protocols and standards such as TCP/IP and DNS. Excellent
mathematical, communication, and interpersonal skills

 John Bouton  jbouton at judge.com <mailto:jbouton at judge.com>  | Technical
Recruiter   | Judge Technical Staffing

Phone: 630.472.0090 | Toll Free: 888.701.3368 | Fax: 630.472.0081 |
www.JUDGE.com <http://www.judge.com/>