[UFO Chicago] Meeting Followup: PS/2 to USB adapter

Matthew T. Gibbs mtgibbs at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 14:43:44 PDT 2008

Brian had inquired about an adapter for his keyboard and I replied that I had purchased one of these:

<http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/11298/subcatid/0/id/124184>

It seems to work quite well for me; when I plug in the assembly it is recognized as a standard USB keyboard as one would expect.  The web site also has some other adapters for other models of IBM keyboards.  You may be able to find better prices elsewhere but since that little device doesn't have a meaningful brand it is hard to search for a similar model.  Note that it actually has active electronics in it and is not simply a wire re-mapper like some others.

HTH

Matt