[UFO Chicago] And Linux

sobolak at gmail.com sobolak at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:06:05 PDT 2008

On 4/25/08, Greg Neumarke <greg at neumarke.net> wrote:
> Brian Sobolak wrote, On 4/25/2008 10:07 AM:
> >
> > Was interested in finding out more about AND Linux that Greg mentioned
> > last night, but was having trouble finding it.
> >
> > Can you share a link?
> >
> > Brian
> >

> It's all one word: andLinux
>
> Here is where I first saw it:
>
> Run Windows and Linux without virtualization
> http://www.linux.com/feature/131753
>
> Homepage:
> http://www.andlinux.org/
>
> Wikipedia article:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AndLinux

I got it working, and am sending this email from Konquerer through
Gmail.  You can sense a small performance hit, but not a huge one.
It's tolerable, and might be better had I given linux more RAM (I only
gave it 256MB).

The biggest difference for me vs Cygwin is that Andlinux sets up a
network driver and an additional private IP.  Not a huge deal, but if
you're on a work laptop that has firewall jazz going on, it can be a
pain.  On the plus side, it has all of the KDE tools which can be
helpful if that's what you need.

Since I already have scads of stuff configured to use cygwin, I'll
probably stick with it.  but it's neat to know that Andlinux exists...

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/