[UFO Chicago] Non-IP file sharing?

Christopher D. Heer cheer at heerfamily.net
Fri Sep 21 10:58:17 PDT 2007

On Fri, September 21, 2007 12:45 pm, Ben Nell wrote:

> Can you dual-home your laptop?  i.e. pcmcia card or something.
> Depending on the client, you should be able to bind your VPN to a
> specific NIC, right?

Unfortunately this particular client forces re-routing of everything,
including the locally-attached subnets.  Even if the VPN client binds to a
specific interface, it renders the others useless from an IP standpoint.
It's a security-policy thing, and I've actually spoken to the development
team for the client.  They make this behavior possible but not compulsory;
corporate policy makes it compulsory.
  Christopher D. Heer -- cheer at heerfamily.net
  http://chrisheer.wordpress.com (blog)