[UFO Chicago] PCI Video Card wanted

Jordan Bettis jordanb at hafd.org
Tue Jan 9 23:25:49 PST 2007

If anyone coming to the meeting has a decent (which is to say,
works great in X and can do 24 bit 1280x1024) PCI video card
that they'd like to get rid of I'd be happy to exchange the
cost of your meal at the 'Nugget.

Also, I have a friend who is in the market for a "good quality"
old server system. He wants it to be PC based, but basically,
something that would have been considered good quality five
years ago or so. He doesn't want to spend "much money" so I
figure he's got a ceiling of around $100 or so.

He wants to replace a machine at his house that is beginning
to flake out. He wants something that was designed by an OEM
to be a somewhat high avaliablity system in the hopes that
he'll end up with something that'll be reliable, but he cares
much more about quality than performance. He kept saying "Dell
Server" to me which I found really odd because there are few
words more weakly connected in my mind than "Dell" and
"Quality."

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.
  <http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us>