[UFO Chicago] Jewel/Albertson's uses Fedora Linux, but....

Neil R. Ormos ormos at ripco.com
Sun Apr 29 10:32:29 PDT 2007

Brian Sobolak wrote:

> So I went to Jewel at midnight to pickup tofu,
> ginger, and ramen and while browsing through the
> produce section I snapped this shot:

> <http://www.planetshwoop.com/kernelpanic.jpg>

> Yup, a kernel panic on the "Avenu" kiosk.  You
> can't see the uname, but in another photo I have
> it mentions Fedora core 2.6.9

I'm not familiar with the "Avenu" kiosk.  What is
the purpose of the kiosk, and what would the
display have provided had it been working?

Amigas used to be used by cable TV operators to
provide the program guide, and it wasn't unusual
to see the Amiga's Guro Meditation screen when
something went kerflooey.

--Neil