[UFO Chicago] Re: Brian's Conversion from FreeBSD to Debian and Questions on X

Scott Lockwood wsl3 at lrsehosting.com
Thu May 11 08:27:42 PDT 2006

Neil,

  Our actions reflect on what we are associated with, period. If someone
acts like a gun nut, or goes to a company where he's been paid to talk about
software and describes something he calls 'nose sex' with dead plant matter,
weither you like it or not, it reflects. You can deny it all you wish - some
people will not be quite so open minded about it, and will be put off. Just
like people are put off when someone says "STFU n00b! RTFM!". Pure, and
simple. Methinks thou dost protest, too much.

  As to the supposed irony, it's not there. The situation is not analagous
in the way you laid it out. Not that I'm trying to match your ability to be
pedantic, but I just didn't see that it fit me. Yes, I see what you're
trying to say, no, I don't think it fits.

  Remember, in the end, it doesn't matter. Use what you want. Who cares what
others use? I don't. I use FreeBSD, Slackware, Fedora Core 5, and Windows XP
every single day.

Regards,
Scott