[UFO Chicago] Re: Brian's Conversion from FreeBSDtoDebianandQuestions on X

Christopher D. Heer cheer at dls.net
Thu May 11 06:51:08 PDT 2006

From: Neil R. Ormos

> And many people who are now considered to
> have expertise have what I call "MCSE
> knowlege"--they know buzzwords and how to diddle
> with widgets until something sort of works, but
> they don't know why their changes made it work or
> the details of the underlying facilities.

Back in my Netware days, we called folks like that "Paper CNEs."  They had
passed the tests, and knew buzzwords, etc., but had little or no experience
dealing with real customer issues and often couldn't troubleshoot their way
out of a paper bag.

On the plus side, I used to make a fair amount of money cleaning up their
messes... :)

--chris