[UFO Chicago] The recruiter replies... and he's PISSED (was [Fwd: RE: [UFO Chicago] Job Opportunity: Sun Solaris System Engineer needed in Schaumburg, IL])

sten lists at redboy.cx
Thu Mar 23 09:14:21 PST 2006

Brian Sobolak wrote:

>>Here's a thought...instead of recruiter horror stories, does anyone have a
>>*success* story?  Has anyone actually gotten a job via a recruiter?

I've seen a mixed bag - I've gotten all my 'real' (e.g., more than
$12.50/hr) jobs through recruiters. The one who stuck me in an Ameritech
DSL support position sold it to me as a technical job, when all I did
was push papers from 11PM to 7AM 5 days a week.

The next job, a recruiting firm that's since died placed me with a new
division, under a manager who didn't really know what he was doing. It
was a great job for me, because I was underqualified, and I was forced
to progress rapidly in order to keep up, but probably not the best deal
the company ever got.

I almost got placed by OSG Global about a year ago; they do a lot of
stroking, and the do the same silly irrelevant pre-interview, but I got
the impression that they were really pushing for me. I didn't end up
getting that job, but only because the company I was interviewing with
got bought out.

Scott, I'd heard awful things about TekSystems; your experience was
different?

-sten