[UFO Chicago] Job Opportunity: 'Subversion' Software Configuration Manager - Schaumburg, IL

Andy Poland apoland at innovargroup.com
Tue Mar 21 16:45:03 PST 2006

Hi. My name is Andy Poland. I am a Technical Recruiter for Innovar Group.
Innovar Group is a leading provider of highly educated, highly experienced
and highly hidden talent. We are experts in the design and implementation of
sophisticated hiring strategies for Clients. Our approach to recruitment is
strategic. Our goal is

simple: the utter satisfaction of each and every client. I currently have a
SCM position available. This is a permanent position and will be filled
quickly, thus time is of essence on this one. Please reply back to me ASAP
at: apoland at innovargroup.com along with the latest Word version of your
resume and a good contact number to reach you. I can be reached directly at
303-339-4022.

Pay: 80-95k

Location: Schaumburg

Start: ASAP

Must Have Skills: Subversion, Linux, Sun Solaris

Detail:

This position is responsible for designing, executing, and managing our
client's software deployment strategy across QA, training, performance,
staging, and production environments.

Specific responsibilities include:

. Development, documentation, and enforcement of a consistent code
packaging/deployment methodology.

. Administration and maintenance of the Subversion repository across
multiple development teams and product lines.

. Creation and maintenance of Subversion user accounts.

. Maintaining multiple branches and overseeing the merging of code across
those branches.

. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.

. Ensuring that software releases are successfully deployed to QA,
performance, staging, and production environments

Experience: Candidates must have 4+ years of hands-on experience, with
strong knowledge of configuration management, including software, hardware,
and document control procedures. Excellent communication, documentation,
scripting, and task-automation skills are a must. UNIX experience is a must
- Sun/Linux experience preferred.

Only people who are self-directed, hard-working, and motivated to excel need
apply. Candidates must enjoy working in a tightly-knit, entrepreneurial
environment where priority is placed on results.

Formal requirements for this position are as follows:

. At least four years hands-on software configuration management experience

. Extensive Subversion experience, including repository setup, tagging,
branching, and merging

. Demonstrated ability to define and document software configuration
management processes

. Strong analytical skills and a capacity for creative problem-solving

. Strong written and verbal communication skills

. Ability to work independently, to organize and prioritize multiple project
responsibilities, and to produce quality work under deadline pressure

. Excellent understanding and implementation of Unix and shell scripting
skills

. Familiarity with Internet technologies

Regards,

Andy Poland

Recruiting Manager

Innovar Group