[UFO Chicago] Job Opportunity: Sun Solaris System Engineer needed in Schaumburg, IL

Andy Poland apoland at innovargroup.com
Tue Mar 21 16:44:41 PST 2006

Hi. My name is Andy Poland. I am a Technical Recruiter for Innovar Group.
Innovar Group is a leading provider of highly educated, highly experienced
and highly hidden talent. We are experts in the design and implementation of
sophisticated hiring strategies for Clients. Our approach to recruitment is
strategic. Our goal is simple: the utter satisfaction of each and every
client. I currently have a position available. This is a position and will
be filled quickly, thus time is of essence on this one. Please reply back to
me ASAP at: apoland at innovargroup.com along with the latest Word version of
your resume and a good contact number to reach you. I can be reached
directly at 303-339-4022.

Innovar Group has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer for a valued
client in Chicago. (First shift - Monday-Friday)

Division and Department: IT Operations - Production Systems

Reports To (Title): System Engineer Supervisor/Team Lead

production applications, specifically Internet Applications/Services and Web
Transactions. Incumbents have application and systems expertise, both
hardware and software, critical to the implementation and maintenance of the
revenue generating and key business applications. System engineers
investigate, analyze, and resolve production issues and work with business
partners on upgrades.

Duties and Responsibilities: . Investigates, analyzes, and resolves
operational issues with production applications. . Analyzes, develops,
tests, and implements application code to resolve problems with production
applications. . Consults with users to identify current operating procedures
and to clarify program objectives. . Works with external business partners
to implement and support production applications. . Develops system
specification for new production systems or upgrades to existing production
systems. . Develops and executes test plans for partner interfacing
applications. . Monitors production application performance.

Required Skills and Knowledge: . Highly developed systems engineer and
problem solving abilities. . Strong knowledge of system engineering
principles and design. . Strong UNIX System Administrator skills are
essential. Solaris is preferred. . Demonstrated knowledge of database design
and data communication concepts. . Demonstrated ability to work and
communicate with all levels of staff and management. Both internal to our
client and external with business partners. . Demonstrated ability to write
shell scripts . Demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot in both a
UNIX and Windows environment . Working knowledge of relational databases and
client-server concepts. . Familiar with WebSevers and Internet applications
(IIS, Coldfusion, ASP, Apache, iPlanet) . Familiar with Windows NT/2003,
UNIX and/or Solaris environments. .

Minimum Education: B.S. in Computer Science, or related field.

Minimum Years of Specialized Experience: Minimum of 4 years experience in a
systems engineering position. Minimum of 2 years systems analysis.

Regards,

Andy Poland

Recruiting Manager

Innovar Group