[UFO Chicago] OT: Chainless bike

jordanb at hafd.org jordanb at hafd.org
Fri Jun 30 10:20:33 PDT 2006

Brian Sobolak said:

> Since Jordan's hubs continue to be a source of fascination for many UFO
> attendees, I thought I'd share this:  a chainless bike for $300.
>
> http://www.dekrabike.com/

Wow surprised to see that in the US. I predict they will fail.

Like everything worthwhile on a bike, the driveshaft is very old
tech (pre-1900s). It fell out of favor for a variety of reasons and
was condemned to the dustheap by the derailleur, which is
incompatible. With the rising popularity of gearhubs in Europe
it's made a comeback. But because the American bicycle industry
is so insanely wrongheaded I assume it will be attacked
viciously by the padded ass brigade here.

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.
  <http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us>