[UFO Chicago] [Fwd: [LUNI] Anti-DRM Efforts In Chicago]

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Jun 7 09:10:57 PDT 2006

Since I know there are some UFO-ians who are concerned about DRM, you
might wish to participate in this protest.

Subject: [LUNI] Anti-DRM Efforts In Chicago
From:    "John Quigley" <lists-jquigley at jquigley.com>
Date:    Tue, June 6, 2006 22:50
To:      "Linux Users Of Northern Illinois - Technical Discussion"
<luni at luni.org>

Hey Folks:

A quick notice from Peter Brown, Execute Director of the FSF, and the
Chicago LUG.  Before the notice, please be aware that the Chicago LUG
has a meeting this coming Saturday, at 5p.  Peter Brown will likely be
attending, as well (more information on this tomorrow).

Please join us for this rally.  The Chicago LUG is the recipient of some
rally gear: namely, a set of big hazmat suits!  It's going to be a
blast.  Here's the official message:

__BEGIN__

Hello,

Come and join a group of technologists having some fun, and help get the
message out about DRM.

We are organizing a Flash Mob this Saturday at the Apple store in
Chicago at 10:30am. All you need do is turn up and join the mob and
smile for the camera. We will be capturing photos and video to be posted
on the website http://defectivebydesign.org/

The first Flash Mob was a lot of fun and got huge coverage with front
page stories on Slashdot, Digg and BoinBoing. In the two weeks since the
launch on May 23 we have had 2,000 technologists take the pledge to help
us spread the word about DRM. Raising awareness about DRM is vital.
These kind of events get the press coverage that gets people discussing
the issues. Once people know about DRM - we win.
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/05/23/antidrm_demonstrator.html

Come and join us and have some fun - we are heading for lunch afterward
if you want to hang out with fellow DRM-fighters.

Let me know you can make it by emailing me at
appleflash at defectivebydesign.org (enclose a phone number), and I will
call you with meet-up info.

Peter Brown
Executive Director
Free Software Foundation
Tel: +1-617-542-5942

__END__

Regards,
John Quigley
https://chicagolug.org/
--
Linux Users Of Northern Illinois - Technical Discussion

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/