[UFO Chicago] Cygwin help?

kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 11 13:48:59 PDT 2006

Its working fine now.
I had to run startx first to open the x-window.
Then i did  "ssh -Y -l username hostname"

after that it was working fine.

Thanks guys:)
Kiran

Quoting Brian Sobolak <brian at planetshwoop.com>:

> kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Had a quick question on cygwin. I am trying to use it to ssh to one of
> our
> > linux
> > servers and and try running a x-windows application.
> >
> > But i get the error: Cannot open Display. The other warnings can be
> > ignored as
> > they are specific to the application that i am trying to run.
> >
> > $ consed
> > no ./.consedrc file so no project-specific resources--that's ok
> > couldn't open readOrder.txt--that's ok
> > Error: Can't open display:
> >

> > I was successfully running the apps using x-win32.
> >
> > Any ideas how to get the display working and the GUI to pop up?
>
> Have you forwarded the ports on ssh session for X?
>
> brian
>

> --
> Brian Sobolak
> http://www.planetshwoop.com/

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  If the reader of this email message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the
transmittal.  Thank you.