[UFO Chicago] Bell companies

jordanb at hafd.org jordanb at hafd.org
Thu Feb 9 22:02:44 PST 2006

I've done some checking and there are 4 companies left of the RBOCs:

AT&T consists of former properties of Ameritech, PacBell, and Southwestern
Bell (formerly SBC) plus the long-distance etc. company.

BellSouth consists of Southern Bell and South Central Bell

Verison constis of Bell Atlantic, NYNEX, and non-Bell companies

Quest owns the former assets of US West.

In addition, Sprint offers local service but I'm not sure how they got
into it as they didn't eat one of the RBOCs.

Cingular is owned 60-40 by AT&T and BellSouth.

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.
  <http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us>