[UFO Chicago] identity theft email

Nate Riffe inkblot at movealong.org
Mon Aug 21 07:24:49 PDT 2006

David Fourer said this (probably recently):
> I got this identity-theft email today.  It's a fake "Paypal" email.
> I know this is off-topic but I think important.

Phishing scams are just about the easiest thing in the world to avoid
as long as you follow just one rule:

When going to your bank's, your brokerage's, paypal's, ebay's, or any
other website where you have any kind of account, always type the URL
for that website into the address bar of your web browser manually.
Do not ever go there by clicking on a link.

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot at movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--
pub  1024D/05A058E0 2002-03-07 Nate Riffe (06-Mar-2002) <inkblot at movealong.org>