[UFO Chicago] find command problem

kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 11 07:27:30 PDT 2006

Here is the response i got to my post on bugzilla: I could not make much sense
of it...if you guys understand it..please explain it.
The first part is my post on bugzilla.

Thanks everyone:)

Hello there,

I am running Redhat Enterprise Linux:

$uname -a
Linux ccapps 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Jun 30 10:32:04 EDT 2006
x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I get the find command warning as well. From reading the entries here,
seems
like there isnt a fix yet?
Any more developments since the last post here in fixing this?

Basically One of my applications could not execute the "find" command
and quit
with the following message:

find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for .:this may be a bug in your
filesystem driver. Automaticall turning on find's -noleaf option.
Earlier
results may have failed to include directories that should have been
searched.

----------
When i run the  find command independently, it gives me the warning but
goes on
to complete the task.

please do suggest any solution..if there is one.

thank you

------- Additional Comments From
web-bugzilla.redhat.com at jankratochvil.net  2006-08-10 15:20 EST -------
Created an attachment (id=133972)
 -->
(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=133972&action=view)
Workaround as "/usr/local/bin/find", it is not bulletproof.

As a temporary workaround you may store this script as your:
/usr/local/bin/find
Rather also type afterwards (to use the right one): hash -r
If some application uses directly "/usr/bin/find", wrap your binary
appropriately ("mv /usr/bin/find /usr/bin/find" and edit this wrapper
placed as
"/usr/bin/find" to reference "/usr/bin/find-orig" instead).

If you would like a priority hotfix for RHEL, please file a new Issue
Tracker
request instead.

Quoting kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu: