[UFO Chicago] Recommendation Please: Domain Name registration, etc., services.

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Thu Aug 10 14:19:37 PDT 2006

Neil R. Ormos wrote:
> Hello UFOnians:
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a domain name
> registration service that will will provide DNS,
> email-forwarding and URL framing/forwarding.
>
> I've been using an outfit that resells service
> from eNom, but the reseller has provided lousy
> customer service.  Another reseller of eNom's
> service might be OK.

Since I utterly detest bind/named, I was studying djbdns quite a bit
recently.  djb recommended joker.net, which I used and was quite pleased
with.  They are a Swiss outfit and I believe it was $12.  I've used Gandi,
Verio, Network Solutions, and Yahoo in the past; this was my best
experience to date.  They do all of the above (which eliminates my bind
problems, mostly).

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/