[UFO Chicago] find command problem

Aaron J. Enright aje at prairienet.org
Thu Aug 10 11:27:25 PDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 12:54:17PM -0500, Brian Sobolak wrote:
> As for a general resource for learning the command line, I'd highly
> recommend O'Reilly's "Unix Power Tools" book.  That's where I learned
> goodness like !!, $$, Ctrl-R, backticks, and an explanation of find that
> was quite lovely.  IT's not cheap ($70), but well worth it.

I'll see that recommendation, and raise you one:
The Unix CD Bookshelf
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596003927/

It has html versions of Unix Power Tools and several other ORA Unix
books.  This is particularly cool for UPT, as it is so heavily cross
referenced.

Another bonus is that it is easily copied to one's hard drive, which
makes carrying several swell reference books around as easy as carrying
one's laptop.

Used copies on Amazon are well worth it.  Your local public library may
have a copy.

long-distance lurker
-aaron

--
"Sleep is death without the responsibility"
        -Fran Lebowitz, "Why I Love Sleep"