[UFO Chicago] Hardware Buy/Swap

Ben Nell enemy.cow at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 21:38:55 PDT 2006

Howdy:

I'm looking for an inexpensive SCSI-2 RAID card that has native Linux
support that can do RAID5 for a project I'm working on at home.  I'd
be willing to shell out some cash or potentially swap if somebody
needs something that I've got.  I know somebody's got such a card
burning a hole in their junk drawer.

Items that I can think of off the top of my head (sitting on my desk
in front of me) that I'd be willing to swap would be:

- a Hitachi Ultrastar 36GB ultra320 drive
- a couple of Adaptec 1130 series RAID cards (no linux support.. shucks!)
- a quad-modem PCI card

I'm not looking for anything crazy fast (crazy expensive) as this is
for a home project.  If there's something particular that somebody's
looking for, I've got a wide selection of cables, pci boards, drives,
old network appliances, and varied monitors.  Name your price. :P

I'll be at the meeting, so let me know ahead of time so that I can
plan ahead.  Oh, and I'm also casually searching for some PC100 RAM,
256MB sticks and up.  Trade or cash or whatever.

BN