[UFO Chicago] display issues

kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 16 11:43:14 CDT 2005

Hi everybody,

Let me introduce myself first, since this is my first posting on here. My name
is Kiran, i work at the university of chicago. Currently trying to learn a few
things about linux sys admin. But anyways, this is a slightly different problem
i am facing.

i have a Hp dx5150 desktop PC with AMD 64-athlon processor. The motherboard has
an integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 / X300 Series Graphics chipset. I have
loaded Redhat ENterprise Linux Workstation edition (i think it is v4.0 for 64bit
machines) I was having trouble trying to get the disply workin on an Apple
Cinema Display 20" monitor. It has a max resolution of 1680x1050, but after much
struggle we have got it to disply at 1400x1050 i think.
i downloaded the ati linux drivers, but still cant seem to get it to work.
Anybody here know how to make the monitor show the right resolution?

would appreciate any input.

thanks

kiran