[UFO Chicago] ufo chicago thursday at the NUG

Jesse Becker jesse_becker at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 11:03:53 CST 2005

--- Brian Sobolak <sobolak at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> This Thursday -- UFO Chicago -- 8pm at 4229 W. Irving
> Park.
>
> Can you name an operating system that is only one
> syllable?

QNX   ("quwnx")

> Here's some stuff we talked about last time:
> 1.  How do you configure X on a Dell laptop?

Depends, do you want 3D accelleration or not?  If not, then
it's easy.  If so, you're in for a world of hurt (if you
have an ATI card).

> 2.  How to get shell access when the only connection you
> have to the machine is a SquirrelMail webmail account

Threaten the sysadmin with bodily harm.

> 3.  FreeBSD vs Linux:  why choose one or the other?

Personal preference.
> Is Debian really that good?

No.  ;-D

Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint:  BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2