[UFO Chicago] Dorkbot tonight

m.mccune at comcast.net m.mccune at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 09:55:12 CST 2005

I saw this last night and thought "this is only 1 block from my house", so I
dropped by.

The location was a pretty cool loft storage space with high speed wireless, an
LCD projector and lots of space. The first presentation was on Drupal, which I
have heard of but never used, since I am not a Web developer. It was a pretty
good intro along with some sites that are using Drupal including that perennial
favorite "The Onion".

The next presentation was from ChiBot, which is a local robot club. I've never
heard of them but they are doing some pretty cool stuff with robotics. They are
having a show later this month at the Museum of Science and Industry.
http://www.chibots.org

Channel 5 was also there filming a segment for Friday's 10pm broadcast. The
sement is on geeky things that are now cool. I'll have to Tivo it to see how it
turns out.

Overall, it was pretty cool plus it's a short walk from my house.

--
Visit my home page
http://www.sbscomputer.com