[UFO Chicago] semi-Newbie question time!

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Jun 15 21:04:59 CDT 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Kris Herzog wrote:

> I've had a PowerMac 6500 fall into my lap very recently, and I'm considering
> turning it into a *nix box.
>
> Any suggestion on distros I can use to further my plans for world domination?

Once upon a time Yellow Dog Linux was the Linux distro for the PowerPC.
I've never tried it and so I can't comment.

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

Ubuntu, which seems to be the distro of choice these days, has a PowerPC
distro on their downloads page.  I've heard lots of people rave about
this.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

I happen to like BSDs myself, so you could give NetBSD a whirl:

http://www.netbsd.org/