[UFO Chicago] Exporting users/domains

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Fri Feb 11 13:19:51 CST 2005

Doyce Coates said:
> How would I go about exporting (for transfering) our list of users and
> virtual domains?
> FreeBSD version 2.2.5
> Apache 1.2.6
>
> I will ber transfering the domains/user information to a new (non-FreeBSD)
> server.

Is the new server going to be unix-like?  Other BSD, Linux, etc.  Or windows?

If you need a list of users and groups, you can start by checking
/etc/passwd and /etc/group.  That doesn't ensure that the passwords are
ported (I don't know what authentication set-up FreeBSD 2.2 uses to
provide more detail.)

As for apache, you'll at least want /usr/local/etc/httpd, though you'll
want to get the sites referenced in the main configuration file as well.
These are site specific.  If you're having trouble finding them, let us
know and I can look at home what the default apache path is (it's under
/usr/local somewhere).

Good luck!

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/