[UFO Chicago] Judges

Neil R. Ormos ormos at ripco.com
Fri Oct 29 14:13:46 CDT 2004

Peter A. Peterson II wrote:
> Quoting Jesse Becker:
>> [Jordan Bettis wrote:]

>>> The two judges who reportedly are considered
>>> not qualified by all bar groups who do these
>>> things and should *not* be retained in this
>>> election are:

>>> Dorothy F. Jones
>>> Susan J. McDunn

> I don't know anything about McDunn, but alh
> works in the courts at Cook County and she has
> told me horror stories about Judge Jones since
> Day One. She refused to even be evaluated by at
> least one group.

I don't have any first-hand knowledge of of either
Judge Jones or Judge McDunn, but you might want to
read the Chicago Council of Lawyers evaluation of
each, available here:

  http://www.voteforjudges.org/docs/CCLretentionReport2004.pdf

Incidentally, you can get the recommendations from
the various local and state bar associations by
starting at this web page:

  http://www.voteforjudges.org/

Ideally, there would be one chart, listing the
recommendations from all of the bar associations,
for all judges, whether sitting for vacancies or
retention.  However, it's not an ideal world, and
you really need to review four different lists of
recommendatations.  The "Alliance" bar
associations have two charts showing their
recommendations, one for vacancies, and one for
retention.  The CBA and ISBA each have a list with
combined recommendations for vacancies and
retention.

--Neil Ormos