[UFO Chicago] Personal Groupware server

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sat Nov 27 20:22:07 CST 2004

At bare minimum, I'm looking for an IMAP mail server to move my 2 GB
mail archive to and be the receiving end of an MX record for my domain.
  If that's all I'm going to do, then just apt-get apache php postfix
uw-imap (or other suggestions?) squirrelmail.  No problem.

However, I'd prefer to setup something to server-sync PIM data as well,
hence the interest in a groupware server.  I also would just like to be
able to say that I've successfully setup and run a groupware server,
even if the only group is me. :-)  I'm really not interested in
something web based except as a backup (squirrelmail being fine), as 99%
of the time I'll be accessing data from either Kontact or a Palm.

I'm not familiar with WebDAV, beyond the fact that it's highly complex
and is the underpinning for a dozen other things rather than a protocol
one uses directly.  Isn't it?

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it
to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."  -- Thomas Jefferson