[UFO Chicago] I give you this file in order to have your advise (meeting announcement)

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Thu May 6 12:28:44 CDT 2004

I don't much have an opinion either way.  I'm going to totally make a
stand here and say:  I agree with both of you.

Another point:  WCLUG meets tonight.  I don't know if there is crossover,
but it'd be nice of us to respect their turf.

brian

ps If it's tonight, can't make it.  Next week (2nd Thursday), well then
I'll see you there.

pps This isn't going to turn into that emacs vs xemacs thing, is it?

Neil R. Ormos said:
> Jordan Bettis wrote:
>
>> Well  I've received nothing  but praise  for the
>> "meetings every two weeks" proposal, so:
>
> The problem with meetings "every two weeks" is
> that the meetings will then come at different
> times of the month.  People have a hard enough
> time remembering when the meetings will be when
> they are consistently on the 2nd and 4th
> Thursdays.  Also, because other events are
> scheduled on consistent ordinal days of the
> week/month (e.g., 2nd Thursday), it makes it more
> difficult to plan.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to continue meeting on the
> 2nd and 4th Thursdays, and have a supplemental
> meeting on the 5th Thursday, if one occurs in the
> month.  Perhaps the 5th Thursda meeting could be
> somewhere that stays open later, like Gulliver's.
>
> I didn't know I had to object because, other than
> your original proposal, I saw no discussion,
> favorable or unfavorable, on the list, so it
> appeared that the proposal was going nowhere.
>
> --neil

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/