[UFO Chicago] silent pc/water cooling?

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Thu Jan 22 07:55:46 CST 2004

Anyone here have any experience with creating a silent pc.

I was looking for various ways to quiet down my pc. Have any of you have
any experience with water cooling?  I have searched around on the net and
don't really know what or who to believe (of course everyone promotes their
scam as the best product).

Do you recommend water cooling?  I was wanting a silent or near silent pc
so that I can do sound recording in the same room (which might not be
possible or practicle).  Do water cooling systems need anykind of
ventalation?  I read about people building boxes lined with sound
proffing foam around their pc to dampin the sound. I might be wishing for
something impracticle.  In a real recording studio most engineers sit
in a control room while the recording artist sits in a small closet lined
with the sound absorbant foam.

Is bad plumming ever an issue?

I read about some via c3 processors that only need heat sinks but I
also read that these things are very slow.

Thanks,
Jeremiah