[UFO Chicago] NPOTechs meeting this thursday

john stanton at kacschgo.org
Tue Jan 13 23:23:24 CST 2004

Hello all,

The next NPOTechs (http://www.npotechs.org) meeting is almost upon us.

When: 7:00 PM-9:00 (ish) Thursday Januaryy 15, 2004

What: Jeff Yamada and John Billings on the formation of a linux based
refurbishing and recycling effort in Chicago.

Jeff and John have been hard at work outlining what it would take to combine
environmentally sound recycling with open source based computer refurbishing
here in Chicago. Their vision includes "build your own computer" community
workshops, donations to NPO's, and an up by your bootstraps approach to bring
Open Source/Free software to our communties. Sound ambitious? It is! Luckily
both John and Jeff  have a wealth of experience in this area and are very
interested in sharing ideas and soliciting opinions at this meeting.

Don't miss it!

Where:  KOREAN AMERICAN COMMUNITY SERVICES, 4300 NORTH CALIFORNIA AVE, Chicago
IL

(100 Feet south of the intersection of Montrose and California Ave a map
is on our website).

Ample free parking across the street (feel free to bring your  bike inside).

Tell a buddy, bring a friend.

John

To find out more about who we are and what we do go to http://npotechs.org

--
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly