[UFO Chicago] UFO-RFP: YAV

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Fri Aug 13 11:37:07 CDT 2004

Nate Riffe wrote:
> I cannot believe Brian Sobolak said this on the ENTARNET:
>
>>After heated debate, discussion, and no less than 3 (!) fist-fights, we
>>decided last night that Victoria's must go.  We were asked to leave at a
>>record-setting 9:40 when debate was far from over.  This policy has
>>continued for too long, and it's time for an RFC suggesting new locales.
 >
>>Our brief Request For Proposals for YAV 1.0 (Yet Another Victoria's):

> Golden Apple Grill and Pancake House, at the intersection of Lincoln,
> Wellington, and Southport.  Accessible directly via the #11 Lincoln
> bus, and four blocks walk from Southport or Wellington stations on the
> Brown line.  Open to all ages 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, serves
> beer, has large round tables in the non-smoking section and has
> numerous square tables that could be combined.  Could probably be
> convinced to install WiFi.

What's parking like there?  I know the place and they're good, but I
don't seem to recall it being at all friendly to the four-wheeled set.
We should try to be friendly to all modes of transportation. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it
to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."  -- Thomas Jefferson