[UFO Chicago] UFO-RFP: YAV

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Fri Aug 13 10:28:36 CDT 2004

After heated debate, discussion, and no less than 3 (!) fist-fights, we
decided last night that Victoria's must go.  We were asked to leave at a
record-setting 9:40 when debate was far from over.  This policy has
continued for too long, and it's time for an RFC suggesting new locales.

Our brief Request For Proposals for YAV 1.0 (Yet Another Victoria's):

1.  Can get there without having to drive (for the transitistas among us)
2.  Not smokey.
3.  Will allow people in who are under 21.
4.  Serves beer is a "nice to have" but not a requirement.
5.  Ample space to host 10 boisterous Unix-enthusiasts.
6.  Has Wi-Fi is "nice to have" but not a requirement.
7.  Would be nice if it's 1 mile from my house like the current place.

Based on a survey of our membership conducted by an outside audit firm, it
appears that most people live on the North/Northwest regions of the city
and its surrounding hinterlands (aka suburbs)

Thoughts?

Brian Sobolak
http://www.planetshwoop.com/