[UFO Chicago] Chicago Python User Group Meeting, August 12

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 9 22:28:27 CDT 2004

(Unfortunately this overlaps with the UFO meeting, but so it goes --
blame that on stupid meetup.com)

The Chicago Python User Group, ChiPy, will have its next meeting on
Thursday, August 12, starting at 7pm.  For more information on ChiPy see
http://chipy.org

Aaron Lav will talk about Nevow (http://nevow.com) and his Nevow-based
photo album which arranges plant photos by the standard taxonomy (e.g by
family, genus, etc.)

Nevow is a web application construction kit, itself built on Twisted
(http://twistedmatrix.com), a pure-Python server framework.

There will also be time to chat, and we've been spending a bit of time
each meeting exploring the standard library and talking about what
people are doing with Python.  We encourage people at all levels to attend.

Location
--------

This month we will be meeting in downtown Chicago, at SMS: 444 N.
Michigan Ave, floor 28.  It's two blocks from the Grand Avenue exit on
the red line.  (Note: you will have to sign in at the front desk.)  See
the website for more information (http://chipy.org).  There will be
wireless connectivity.

About ChiPy