[UFO Chicago] Community Tech Day fundraiser, pizza feast, and game demo, this Saturday!

john stanton stanton at kacschgo.org
Thu Apr 1 20:53:56 CST 2004

Hello all,

NPOTechs is busy planning for an Open Source Community Tech Day
extravaganza on 4/24/04. You can find out more at http://npotechs.org
and http://communitytechday.org

On the 24th we will be working in conjunction with 1/2 dozen other
groups to bring the message of Free/Open Source and community based
technology to a wider audience. One of our goals is to give away 500
copies of the OpenCD http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/, as well as various
and sundry Knoppix's, morphix's, GNUWIN2's etc.

In an effort to make this a truely kick-a$$ event we are having a
fundraiser, pizza feast, and game demo, this Saturday 4/3/04, we hope
people will come by and help us make this happen/

------------

Start:
Sat, 04/03/2004 - 12:00pm
Location:
KACS, 4300 N. California Av, Chicago
This Saturday, April 3rd, noon to 4pm, NPOTechs is hosting a Linux based
LAN gaming party / planning meeting / fundraiser. We'll be setting and
playing game demos for Community Tech Day, discussing planning for that
event, and geeking out while we eat pizza.

There will be a suggested donation of $10 at the door, which will go
toward getting and making free software CDs to give out, at our upcoming
Community Tech Day 2004, on April 24th.

_Please_ RSVP to stanton at kacschgo.org if you're planning to come, so we
know how much Pizza and Soda to get.

Thanks,

Hope to see you there (after you RSVP :-)  )

John