[UFO Chicago] question about posting public domain works

jackb at guppy.us jackb at guppy.us
Sat Nov 1 17:46:33 EST 2003

Get an IP/Copyright Lawyer.  I can suggest one off-line, if you wish.

Also to get one thing straight...

A copyright does not "expire" pre se since, does not really exist...
One view is all works are in the public domain, period.  We, the
public, grant the original author (or who he assignes his rights to)
a limited period where the author is *only* person entitled to
distribute the work.  In this distribution, the author can make
money.

Once the term as been reach anyone can distribute.  Creater of the
work has never been lost.