[UFO Chicago] mailing list programs

Matthew Landry mbl@lelnet.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:05:18 -0600

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:21:20PM +0000, Sean Neakums wrote:
> commence  Rob Latham quotation:
> > that said, mailman does seem to be popular. i just wish i could turn
> > off montly reminders as an end-user.
> I think they added a preference for that recently.
        As of the last version I've used, only the list administrator can
change that setting, not the individual user. (That said, "end user" could
be intepreted to mean the list owner as distinguished from the server
administrator...)

        For what it's worth, I think the default should have been to not
use the reminders, but otherwise I've been quite impressed with Mailman.
And that's coming from someone who considered himself a confirmed majordomo
bigot.
--
Matthew Landry              mbl@lelnet.com                       O-
LEL Network Services                           Anti-Stupid Talisman