[UFO Chicago] Shipper error in my favor

Jordan Bettis jordanb@hafd.org
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 01:02:25 -0600

So I ordered a IDE hard drive a bit ago and it went bad shortly after
I installed it (luckily I had backups). So I RMAed it and received the
replacement drive last Tuesday. Today, I was just about to bring my
server down and install it when I realized that it wasn't going to fit
into my IDE chain.

As it turns out, they gave me a IBM Ultrastar 73 GB 80 pin Ultra 160
SCSI drive (Model number IC35L073YCD210-0).

Pricewatch is currently down, likely because of the hilarious
Microsoft SQL bug, but a google search suggested that these things go
for about $500. Since I don't have a SCSI adapter and don't have any
plans to use SCSI in the near future, I'm prepared to part with this
drive for $200. I, of course, have no idea if it works or not, but it
probably does, and I'll take it back if it doesn't.

So if anyone wants it, let me know.

--
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
A fundamental tenet of post-modern philosophy is that any organization