[UFO Chicago] debian woody on an imac rev. b -- success!

Crow Leader kkanno@users.symmetric.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:14:58 -0600

I vote to throw me off too. We need more rules and handholding to confort
the needs of those who prefer to live in a fluffy world of unicorns and
rainbows. Differing opions are bad as well, as we all know those who we may
not agree with us are automatically wrong, stupid, and evil.

I've never come across a mailing list of such boring sheepish folks. It is a
list for those who require positive feedback for any action they take, no
matter how petty. I'm sure you require applause each time you successfully
cross the street from whoever else you know with closed minded opinions who
in turn expect a pat on the back and a "good work" in return for clapping
for the 10 seconds your crossing took.

You all come here to prattle off "I got linux on my empty pop can, GNU this,
GNU that, Debian tastes good well done or raw." The fact is there is alot
more to "free operating systems" that the closed circle you all seem
restricted to, and are too comfortable to navigate outside. Anything not
free is bad and the work of the Devil. If mac os x is bad because it's
"closed", sort of like apple hardware such as an imac, why is it ok to use
the imac? No irony there or anything, unless say closed hardware is "-1
points" and free operating systems are "+2" points in some fantastic dream
world.

It's really quite ignorant.

KEN
"Linux God"