[UFO Chicago] cyrus and pam_pgsql?

Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:16:42 -0600

Quoting Peter A. Peterson II:
> ...but it's not working. The mail.log is saying PAM Authentication
> Error, and it's no longer letting in mail users who have real accounts
> and unix passwords (which it did before), which leads me to believe
> that it's actually TRYING to use pam for authentication, but either:

Wahoo! It was my /etc/postgres/pg_hba.conf files, which by default on
Debian is locked town pretty tight (as opposed to at least one Red
Hat release, where it was wide open).

So I just fiddled with that, and everything else was set up properly.
I may make a mini-howto or something out of my troubles.

pedro