[UFO Chicago] Open Source Chicago - Jan.22nd Event

ossinfo at osschicago.com ossinfo at osschicago.com
Tue Dec 23 11:09:06 CST 2003

Please join Open Source Software Chicago on Jan.22nd as we bring you
"Effective Security using Open Source Security Tools"

Presenter: Bob Radvanovsky

This presentation will provide an introduction to effective Open Source
tools used for security.  Some of the more obvious tools covered will be:
ipchains/iptables, nmap, ethereal and tcpdump.  Some of the not-so-obvious
tools we will review are kismet, Wellenreiter, snort, and shadow.

Our presenter, Bob Radvanovsky has a long history with systems development
and engineering.  Here is a little more about Bob's background.

Bob Radvanovsky has a background in systems development and engineering,
with recent endeavors in areas of security, specifically in penetration
testing & analysis, risk assessments (policy and site assessment), policy
management (documentation and change control), and secured infrastructure
(intrusion detection systems [IDS], firewalls, proxy servers, et. al).
Bob's passion for computer technology development has spawned a complete
data center at his home, as well as varied presentations on UNIX (or LINUX)
operating system environments, various security tools for LINUX, and open
forum discussions specific to home environment securification.  Bob has
also performed some security work (under contract) for the United States
Department of Defense in an effort to secure some of their environments.

What:
OSS Chicago's regular meetings

Where:
200 Fairway Drive, Ste 204, Vernon Hills IL (look for the OSS Banner)

When:
January 22nd, 2004

Time:
6:30 p.m. -- doors open
7:00 p.m. -- Introductions and presentations
7:30 p.m. -- Q&A
7:45 p.m. -- Open discussion start

Beverages will be served.

More information can be found on the Chicago Open Source website located
at: http://www.OSSChicago.com

Best Regards,
Tiffany Patterson
Open Source Software Chicago
email: OssInfo at OSSChicago.com
website: http://www.OSSChicago.com

Please let us know whether you want to stay updated with our meeting
information on our website at: http://www.osschicago.com/contact_us .