[UFO Chicago] familiar distro on iPaq

Christian Sandvig csandvig at uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 11 12:59:12 CST 2003

Hi UFOers,

Maybe some of you dimly remember me from the meeting I attended about two
months ago.  (It was my first.)  I said that I was hoping to put familiar
onto an iPaq.  Well, I sort of got around to trying this.  I say "sort of"
because I gave the iPaq to a friend, Sid, in Urbana, and he tried it.  The
problem is that he has had little success so far, and he's new to Linux, and
I'm not sure what to do either.

I remember that some of you were pretty confident about handheld Linux and
offered to help: would it be ok if he posted the current iPaq predicament to
see if it suggests any solutions?

Hoping,
Christian

--