[UFO Chicago] SiS 300 X setup

Sean T. Evans seant@alumni.iwu.edu
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 13:33:35 -0500

Hello,
I'm trying to set up my video card and monitor under X. The video card
has an SiS 300 chip and the monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 500s. I can
get the monitor working fine with my other video card, but cannot get it
working on the SiS.
I've tried just about every combination I can think of to get my video
card working, and have had no luck. The best result I've gotten so far
is a choppy image and a large white box for a mouse pointer. I've tried
with and without framebuffer I've tried selecting different resolutions
and color depths and I'm frankly at a loss.
If anyone has any experience with this card, I'd appreciate any help.