[UFO Chicago] Jordan, Heeeeeeeeere's Google!

Sean Neakums sneakums@ufo.chicago.il.us
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:41:02 +0100

commence  Nate Riffe quotation:

> Just now Larry Garfield made 15 LEDs in my apartment flash with this:
>> Line breaks do not make the site any more difficult on your script,
>> folks!
>
> How many hits do you think Google gets in a day?  Multiply that by the
> number of bytes' worth of line breaks you would add to their pages.
> That's how much bandwidth they're saving.

Furthermore, whitespace in tables often subtly affects the layout.
Google has to care about more than the few people whose browsers are
standards-compliant.

--
Sean Neakums - <sneakums@ufo.chicago.il.us> --- --- -- -
Director of International Operations, UFO Chicago - -- -