[UFO Chicago] Re: On Ion and Mail clients...

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
23 Oct 2002 14:39:11 -0500

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 08:33, Charles G Waldman wrote:
> If you're already a happy XEmacs user, why not read your mail in
> XEmacs?  There are several email clients - VM if you want something
> fairly simple, or Gnus if you are into the arcane (I've never been
> able to quite get over the setup/learning curve of Gnus, but I know
> that it is more feature-rich than VM.  But VM does everything I need)

I actually used to do that -- I was using Mew (mew.org).  It seems like
that's the only actively developed mail client right now, or at least it
was back a couple years ago when I was looking.  I eventually abandoned
it when I had encountered bugs and corruptions a few too many times.
But I must admit it did have a snappy feel.  But it doesn't support IMAP
-- it looks like VM does, so I'll have to give a look at it.  It's
unclear whether it treats IMAP like a remote folder source, or place to
download messages from.

  Ian