[UFO Chicago] flynn data 'freeze'

Tue, 1 Oct 2002 21:09:09 -0500

Hi all,

Within the next few days, I will be migrating flynn from the PPRO
hardware to the Dell Poweredge 4200 which is now "voxhumana.net".
During this time, there may be web, mail, list, and/or shell outages.
I will try to keep these to a minimum.

For your part, I'd ask that you refrain from making any large changes
in the system (not that I expect it) to minimize confusion and/or
rsync diffs. Likewise, if you have things on flynn that do stuff for
you, please bring them to my attention so I can verify that they work
properly on the new server.

Furthermore, please check your homedirs and take this opportunity to
clean out old any cruft you no longer want. Space is not an issue, so
don't delete ANYTHING you want, but as long as we're going to be
migrating all this data, we might as well only migrate the important
stuff.

Thanks for your patience.

Yours,
Peter

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---