[UFO Chicago] pcmcia modems -- any recommendations

Sean Neakums sneakums@ufo.chicago.il.us
Wed, 01 May 2002 08:45:46 +0100

commence  Jesse Becker quotation:

> I also have a Xircom RBEM56G-100, but have had extrememly mixed
> results with it.  It's a Type II NIC/modem combo card with 3 jacks
> built directly into the side (just plug and go, in theory).
> However, I've gotten the NIC to kinda work once, and the modem a few
> times.  There supposedly is a Xircom card similar to this one that
> actually works well under Linux, but I'd be very careful in getting
> a Xircom card.

That would be the REM56G-100.  Worked flawlessly for me with a stock
potato install.  (They're Type III, by the way, taking up two Type II
slots.)

--
Sean Neakums - <sneakums@ufo.chicago.il.us> --- --- -- -
Director of International Operations, UFO Chicago - -- -