[UFO Chicago] [nick@zork.net: [!CrackMonkey!] [evan@debian.org: Re: meeting this month?]]

Neil R. Ormos ormos@enteract.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:30:54 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:

> I'm super behind on my crizzackmonkey listmail, but I ran
> across this, and it struct me as very UFO, although our
> meetings are not open to public-forum calling, mostly
> because of scheduling and mapping and stuff like that.

[Deletia: Approximately 165 lines/7200 characters of "Rules"
and explanatory hints, most written in the
obnoxiousness-maximized IRC-f*ck-you style, for calling a
Bay Area Debian users group meeting.]

Observation: If the author of that piece is so interested in
expository writing, perhaps his time would be better spent
writing some useful documentation for Debian, which IMO, it
sorely lacks.

Question: If we convert B.A.D.'s rules for calling a meeting
to U.F.O.'s much simplified and shorter, but eminently more
useful rules for calling a meeting, is that "compression"?