[UFO Chicago] Intellectual property

Jordan Bettis jordanb@hafd.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:53:22 -0600

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 02:49:06PM -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:=20
> This creates something of a level playing field.  However, it doesn't
> work for ASPs (version 3 maybe?) so I'm still stuck.

Check this out: <http://www.gnu-friends.org/story/2002/3/20/7940/74156>

As an aside, the quote in my signature is chosen randomly out of a
personal database (collected from all over the place). I think the
selection of the one below was especially fortunate (pun intended)
in a discussion of Intellectual Property.

Too many times, the argument is that the 'artists deserve to be paid'
or that the authors 'deserve' something. People think that their
business model aught to be protected because it's worked up until that
point. This completely bastardizes the concept of Copyright and Patents
from being *only* to provide the possibility of financial gain as an=20
incentive to create into something of a birthright.

--=20
Jordan Bettis <http://www.hafd.org/~jordanb>
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you
nothing.  It was here first.
         -- Mark Twain

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--